IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE TENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
IN AND FOR HARDEE, HIGHLANDS & POLK COUNTIES
ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO.
CREATION OF MEDICAL MALPRACTICE COURT-ORDERED ARBITRATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WHEREAS Article V, Section 1(d), Florida Constitution, provides that the Chief Judge shall be responsible for the administrative supervision of the Circuit and County Courts; and
WHEREAS Rule 2.050, Florida Rules of Judicial Administration, provides that the Chief Judge shall develop an administrative plan for the efficient and proper administration of all courts within the Circuit: and
WHEREAS 766.107, Fla. Stat., provides that the Chief Judge shall appoint an advisory committee made up of equal numbers of at least three (3) members of the defense bar and three (3) members of the plaintiff's bar, which advisory committee shall approve the qualifications of the arbitrators on the claimant's list and the arbitrators on the defendant's list. The advisory committee shall assist the Chief Judge in screening applicants and aid in the formulation of standards for selection of arbitrators. Now, therefore, it is ORDERED:
1. The following named persons are hereby appointed as members of the Medical Malpractice Court-Ordered Arbitration Advisory Committee:
A. Representing the Plaintiff's Bar
1. John W. Frost, II - Bartow
2. Michael D. Martin - Lakeland
3. Michael J. Trombley - Sebring
4. R. Kent Lilly - Lake Wales
B. Representing the Defense Bar
1. Fred J. Lotterhos, III - Lakeland
2. Louis J. Williams - Lakeland
3. J. Michael McCarthy - Lakeland
4. Clifford J. Schott - Lakeland
2. The committee shall meet at a time and place to be set by the Chief Judge.
3. This Order revokes and supersedes Administrative Order No. 61 entered November 26, 1985.
DONE AND ORDERED on this 17th day of March, 1993.
RANDALL G. MCDONALD