IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE TENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
IN AND FOR HARDEE, HIGHLANDS AND POLK COUNTIES
ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 1-6.1
ON DRESS IN COURTROOMS AND CHAMBERS AND
DECORUM IN AND NEAR THERETO
In recognition of the respect that is due the people's courts when in session and the duty of the judges to require such respect, it is now, by virtue of the authority vested in me as Chief Judge of the Tenth Judicial Circuit of the State of Florida under the provisions of Rule 2.020, Florida Rules of Judicial Administration,
ORDERED AND DIRECTED:
I. That the following dress and decorum shall be adhered to by all spectators, witnesses and litigants appearing or being in court or chambers or so near thereto as to be under the court's authority or jurisdiction:
A. DRESS IN COURTROOMS AND CHAMBERS
1. No tank tops.
2. No bare midriffs or shoulders.
3. No shorts except for children under 12 years of age.
4. No bare feet except children under 12 years of age.
5. No unusually rakish or garish dress that would have the tendency to distract from the proceedings.
6. No hats or caps.
B. DECORUM AND BEHAVIOR IN COURTROOMS AND CHAMBERS
1. While court is in session, everyone is required to remain silent except those who are presently involved in a case before the court.
2. No eating, smoking, or drinking of beverages.
3. No gum chewing.
4. Everyone will rise or remain seated as the bailiff directs.
5. No cellular telephones or audible beepers are allowed to be used while court is in session.
C. DECORUM AND CONDUCT NEAR THE COURTROOMS OR CHAMBERS
1. No loud or boisterous talking, laughing or other noise distractions.
2. No one will be permitted to wear T shirts or items of clothing having messages printed thereon that would have a tendency to distract from the proceedings.
II. Enforcement and compliance:
A. All bailiffs of this circuit are required to enforce these rules and regulations unless otherwise directed by the presiding judge.
B. All attorneys as officers of the court are requested to encourage their clients and witnesses to comply with the spirit and intent of this Order.
III. This order is effective immediately and cancels and supersedes Administrative Order No. 1-6.0 entered November 25, 1987.
DONE AND ORDERED on this 27th day of April, 1993.
RANDALL G. MCDONALD